Thursday, 18 November 2010
Let´s see if you could pose as a native in Málaga this summer...
If frightened, don´t click here
Tuesday, 16 November 2010
alarm clock, safety razor, get stuck,get dressed,pyjamas,socks,steering wheel, rondabout, feet, brush his teeth, tootbrush, toothpaste,spit,bottom,traffic warden, pour water, jar, take a seat, drill, filling, syringe, anaesthetize, inject, anaesthesia, absorb, nurse
1.What time did Mr. Bean get up? __________________________
2. Why did he get up late? ________________________________
3. Where did he put his alarm clock? ________________________
4. Was Mr. Bean fully awake when he got up? __________________
5. What did Mr. Bean do with the curtains?____________________
6. After opening the curtains, what did he do next? ______________________________
7. What kind of appointment did he have at 9:00 A.M?__________________________
8. What clothes did Mr. Bean take off in the car? _________________________________
9. What clothes did he put on? ______________________
10. Did he brush his teeth? ________________________________
11. Who did he see when he got out of the car? _______________________
12. Why was the police officer looking at his trousers? ___________________________
14.Was he late for his appointment? ___________________________________
15. Who did he first meet at the dentist’s clinic? _______________________________
16. What did the nurse tell him? _______________________
17. What book did he want to read? ______________________
18. Who was reading the comic book? ____________________
19. How did he get the comic book from the boy? ____________________________________
20. What happened when he started reading the comic book?____________________________
21. What is a syringe? Who uses it?____________________
YOU MUST WRITE THEM USING THE PAST SIMPLE! Sometimes the use of the Present Perfect would be more correct. So if you know how to use it, do it!
Here are mine...Guess which one is the lie!
I studied Chinese for a year.
I broke both arms when I was little.
I saw a suicide ( self-defenestration) when I was living in Granada.
I haven´t flown more than 20 times.
3º A for Thursday.
Advice: The sentences must be a bit shocking. It isn´t very interesting to say " I play football" or " I don´t like going out with my friends". Be more original and creative!!
I´ll mark your pronunciation and the speaking could be assessed too.
Monday, 15 November 2010
Answer the following questions:
What can you see at the beginning of the trailer?
Explain the relationship between the man and the woman. Are they a couple? How do you know that?
Describe the woman´s feelings with her fiancé and with the main male character in the film.
Name the main differences you can see in relation to the beginning and the end of this trailer.
Friday, 12 November 2010
Credit card, shop assistant, perfume, try, towel, fish, frying pan, coat, escalator, toothbrush, pay by check/in cash, make a mistake, account, withdraw money,wallet, knife, toilet paper, floor, mirror, kitchen utensils, peeler.
1. What does Mr. Bean want to do at the shopping mall?
2. Does Mr. Bean like the smell of perfumes? ___________________
3. What does he do with the toothbrush? __________________________
4. After trying the toothbrush, does he take the same one?
5. What does he want to buy next? _________________________
6. What does he do with the towel? _________________________
7. How does he get to the second floor? _____________________________________
8. What does he want to buy at the kitchen utensil shelves?
9. How does he know the correct knife (peeler knife) to buy?
10. How does he try the frying pan?
11. What does he want to buy next?
12. How does Mr. Bean want to pay?
13. What happens when he tries to pay?
14. What should Mr. Bean have said when the man mistakenly took his card?
Thursday, 4 November 2010
Tuesday, 2 November 2010
ACTIVITY 1: FILL IN THE GAPS
Tyler: Gandhi said that whatever you do in_______will be______.
But it's very__________ that you do it
Girl: Officer, those two were just trying to stop it.
Cop: Go _______
Tyler: hey hey… I tend to agree with the________part
Charles: You could do worse than have a father who bails you out of ________
Tyler: I don't want to be bailed out of ________
Caroline: Why do you think dad doesn't want to_______ with me?
Charles: She knows I'll take care of her … That's all there is Tyler...
Tyler: That's all there is? It's not ________
Receptionist: You know you can't _________in here.
Tyler: Then, why do you have an ashtray?
Receptionist: It's a _________, it completes the room.
Tyler: I guess it was just here to tease me.
Tyler's friend: You've been a_________ .These past couple of weeks, alright? You don't want to go out _______.I've had enough of this introvert stuff, OK? I'm ready to set up an intervetion here!
ACTIVITY 2: JOIN THE CORRECT ANSWER
1.Who´s Ally? A. She´s the cops´s daughter
2.What does Ally have first in meals? B. Because her father disapproves their relationship.
3.What kind of food does Tyler prepare for Ally? C. A chocolate cake
4.What is Tyler wearing when he´s in the restaurant? D. He´s wearin a dark suit, white shirt and a dark tie.
5.Why do you think Ally leaves her house? E. 22
6.What´s Ally´s real name? F. Dessert
7.How old is Tyler? G. Emilie de Ravin
Activity from anglesonline